Wednesday, January 18, 2012

This little love of mine! :)


I was ~exhausted~. 14 hour day. I was planning to crawl straight into bed.

And then I called this little love of mine. :)


And I’m smiling so much from inside out that (a) my heart/face hurts haha, and (b) I’m going, like I'd wanted, to write up a blog about today’s adventures. But first, Belinda. :)

This is Belinda. She lives about 8 "chicken bus" hours away from San Pedro, and about 6 hours or so from where I am now in Quiche. I never finished my Guatemala blog from 2009... but here’s one of my only ever Facebook albums, of my time in Comitancillo, Guatemala, where I’ll be headed this weekend when I’m done with projects here.

Anyhow, I ~absolutely love~ this little girl. She is THE sweetest little girl to have ever graced the planet. And she absolutely has my heart on a string. :)  I’ll have to take a video of her when I get there, she has the cutest little squeaky Minnie Mouse voice and is the sweetest, most polite then-6-now-8-year-old you could ever meet. Her mom then worked 6am-10pm in a “comedor” (typical food restaurant), and she wasn’t allowed to wander the streets on her own, so she just obediently and contentedly stayed inside the little restaurant bouncing a little bouncy ball, smiling her melt-your-heart little smile, and asking if I wanted to play too. We played a lot. :)

I’ve talked to her a couple times since, and called a couple weeks ago to let her & her mom know I was coming to visit. And then I just called her now, now that I’m here and got a local sim card. It went something like this:


Me: Hi Belinda! How are you?
Belinda: Buenas noches Arco Iris! I feel.. so happy.. to hear your voice!
Me: Me too, nena (little girl)! And even more to see you soon! I’m in Guatemala now.
Belinda: I feel.. so.. happy... with joy!!
Me: Me too, nena! I’ll see you soon, ok?
Belinda: Ok, see you soon Arco Iris. You take care over there! I will be here waiting for you! I love you muuuuucho!
Me: I love you too Belinda! Mucho mucho muchiiiiiisimo! See you soon!
Belinda: Buennnnno (ok), see you soon! Adios!
(and then about 5 minutes of)
Adios Belinda!
Bye Bye!
Bye Bye Belinda!
Bye BYYYYYYYYYYYYYE!!!
Haha, Bye BYYYYYYYE Belinda!
Ciao Ciao!!! 

I absolutely love her. :)  :)  :)

I can't stop smiling. Haha. Ok. Anyways, I'm going to write up a little post about today. Hasta prontito! (Til very soon from now!)

No comments:

Post a Comment